Friday, January 6

Avoid the void

A scrawny little girl with her over sized bag steps on a lady's foot.It's a wonder she's still alive after the glare the latter gave her.It could have burnt anyone to ashes.A group of teenagers are talking endlessly in a corner.People around me are holding onto handles, bars even as the bus gives a jerk throwing me off balance.I mumble sheepish apologies to the people I just bumped into, plug my earphones back on and wish for a millionth time that I had a better sense of direction or driving skills.
Voila! a typical scene in a Bmtc bus. Soon, the frustration ebbed away as the soothing tune of 'the scientist'engulfed me.As the bus came to a halt in the next stop I noticed a sparrow like old lady climb in with an obvious hesitant air around her.She looked so fragile that even a slightly strong blown breeze would be enough to crumble her.She tried to hold on to one of the handles but it seemed like she was fighting a losing battle.Her struggle merely brought about indifferent glances from the haughty people seated. This made me think ..'How can the world be so hypocritical as to teach 'empathy' in classrooms and practise only unconcern in reality?It seems as if a terrible sci-fi plot of turning humans into robots has been activated. Soon all emotion would be wiped about and replaced only by indifference.An unpleasant scenario without doubt!
The only way to combat it would be to shake off the inertiatic unconcern and start 'FEELINg'.It shouldn't be hard considering that the only ammonition required is 'THE HUMAN HEART' figuratively :)

No comments:

Post a Comment